Sunday, March 05, 2006

Quivey's grove again, looking across the same room in the other direction. The weather-worn timbers, no doubt salvaged from a nearby dairy barn gone derilect, are all just for effect, but it's a very pleasant effect indeed.
The original stone outbuilding, seen in the background, is finished in the same way.

There was music playing but not too loudly to drown conversation, thank you.

The food's delicious, by the way. Simple, as the ketchup bottle on the table will testify, but tasty. I had the ruben. There just aren't enough dishes on anybody's lunchtime menu with sauerkraut, so I take it when I can get it (what the hell, it's a harmless passion and the only woman who'll kiss me doesn't seem to mind). Unfortunately, their ruben wasn't dressed with sauerkraut, but a pickled substitute. I liked it anyway.

No comments: