Sunday, May 24, 2009


I used to drive one of these. although I never had the artistic bent that would have let me decorate it as lavishly as this and didn't have any friends at the time who would have done it for me.

Mine was a few years older than this model, but had the pop-top.

This one's been very nicely cared for. Besides the paint job, the body's in good shape and the interior appeared to be very well-preserved; not a lot of wear & tear evident.

I'd love to have one of these again, if only I had a place to garage it in the winter.

2 comments:

Judy & Jim said...

I had one of those but only for about two months, boy that was a long time ago. I enjoy your posts

Unknown said...

Hi, Jim: I had mine for about a year and a half, drove it through two Colorado winters with a little propane heater at my knee. Its lack of heat was my only complaint though. It was a tough little bug. I drove it from Denver through New Mexico and the California desert, up the cliffside highway to the Sierra Nevada and back across the desert through Utah. Another trip took me through Kansas and Texas to Corpus Christi. There was just no quit in that van. I sure hated to sell her. Thanks very much for stopping by and leaving your very kind comment.